White Horse Challenge
Updated 20th November: WHC on 28th April 2019.
ENTRIES OPEN ON 01 DEC 2018: CLICK HERE
RIDER INSTRUCTION: CLICK HERE
Helmet Timing Tag: CLICK HERE
facebook: CLICK HERE
Date: 28th April 2019
Entries: Open on 01 Dec
Check out WHC 'Insiders Review' on Cycling Weekly Magazine here.
Route: 90 mile distance
Start/finish: Shrivenham, Oxfordshire
Entry cost: £30
2019 Jersey design: Check unisex size chart here
Tech T-shirt available in S, M, L, XL, 2XL, 3XL sizes
Sponsorship: Sponsorship raised from this event will be donated to WaterAid (funds will be used to provide clean & safe water to those who most need it).
If you prefer not to collect sponsorship, there is an option to make a donation to WaterAid instead.
This will be a useful early season ride that will enable riders to gauge their fitness level as they cycle around 90 miles through Wiltshire, Berkshire and Oxfordshire with about 1400 metres of climbing. The route has been carefully selected to keep the riders interested and challenged by their surroundings, on decent road surfaces and with minimal traffic.
What can riders expect?
Start and finish at the Memorial hall in the village of Shrivenham, Oxfordshire.
Pass by four white horses: Uffington, Broadtown, Cherhill & Hackpen (Uffington White Horse is the oldest of all British chalk figures and dates back almost 3000 years).
Passing through Avebury which lies in the heart of the Wiltshire downs. The Avebury stones are thought to have been constructed in neolithic times (2700 BC to 2400 BC).
Enjoy beautiful views across the Lambourn & Marlborough downs.
Other historical places such as the Saxon town of Cricklade and picturesque villages such as Hannington and Castle Eaton.
- Clearly signed route with marshals to help at key locations
- Electronic timed event (each rider will collect timing chip at the start)
- Two well stocked feed stations
- Finishers medal
- Mechanical support kindly provided by Lew Lawton & Antony Staples (Mobile Cycle Medic, Shrivenham www.mobilecyclemedic.com)
- Official Photographer (http://www.sportivephoto.com/)
- Individual times will be added with Gold, Silver and Bronze standard
- Results will be published on the website shortly after the event
- Event T-shirt available for £10 (please order your T-shirt at the same time as entering the event)
For details of other cycling events please visit the Cyclosport website (click the logo below)
© White Horse Challenge 2007-2018